What is Drupal Theming?
Theming is the art of customizing the look and feel of a website. Some of the things you can do with theming include:
- Change the layout of an individual page, content type, view, or website.
- Change all visual elements via CSS
- Import a ready-made Drupal theme or even port ready-made themes from Joomla! or WordPress.
- Change the look and feel of any individual fields or elements within a page.
- Create dynamic responses to user actions.
- Create limitless templates and sub-themes.
While there are many beginner solutions and out-of-the-box options, most websites require the skills of a professional “themer,” especially if you want to convert a custom design into a Drupal theme, go beyond turnkey solutions, or create different layouts for different sections, individual pages or even individual users. A good themer must be a master of CSS.
Green Crescent has world-class themers and can create a theme to make your Drupal site look the way you want, optimize theme performance, or clean up an existing theme to make it compliant with web standards such as WC3.
Read more about the anatomy of technological aspects of Drupal Theming.